If you love sweet treats but are trying to watch your weight, you might have to rethink how you feed those cravings with healthier alternatives. It is possible to satisfy a sweet tooth with homemade cookies that use non-sugar sweeteners. In fact, there are approved weight watchers recipes, such as this recipe for keto no-bake cookies.
Keto No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
This keto no-bake cookies recipe results in fudgy treats that are sweet and yield just one carbohydrate per cookie. Sugar is substituted with erythritol as a sweetener. There are many erythritol sugar substitutes available online or in stores, generally in the baking section. You will need silicone mini-muffin baking sheets to mold the cookies.
Prep time: 10 minutes + 15 minutes for chilling
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon raw hemp seeds
- Coarse sea salt for topping
1. In a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the coconut oil and almond butter. Stir until it is melted and blended.
2. Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla, and sweetener. Stir to combine well. Increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a slow simmer.
3. As soon as the sweetener melts and is well incorporated, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut flakes and hemp seeds.
4. Set the pan aside and allow it to cool slightly. Don’t allow the fudge to harden.
5. Spoon equal amounts of the cookie batter into two 12 cup silicone mini muffin baking pans. Sprinkle a little coarse salt over the top of each cookie.
6. Place the muffin pans in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the cookies are set. Remove the cookies from the pans and store them in freezer baggies until ready to eat. These should keep for a few weeks in the freezer.
7. You can eat these frozen as a sweet snack or allow them to almost come to room temperature. Enjoy.
It can be challenging to find weight watchers recipes for healthy sweets. It is equally challenging to find recipes for keto sweets. But it isn’t impossible. The answer to really low-carb sweets is to use a keto approved sugar substitute and stay away from processed grains. Give this recipe for keto no-bake cookies a try for a tasty and healthy alternative to one of your favorite foods.